Salmon Bay Park
Salmon Bay was originally named by pioneers William Bell and the Denny brothers. At that time, the bay area was inhabited by the Shilshole Indians. Salmon Bay Park itself was named after a former tidal flat, which is now part of the Washington Ship Canal. The Park was deeded to the City in 1890, and annexed to the rest of the city along with Ballard in 1907.