City invites neighbors to participate in fifth ‘Find It, Fix It’ Community Walk
At the walks, community residents, police, and city officials walk together to identify physical disorder and solve it. As a result of these walks, Seattle City Light, the Seattle Department of Transportation, the Department of Planning and Development, and Seattle Public Utilities have worked – and continue to work – to make improvements in Seattle’s neighborhoods. Watch videos, view photos and read actions taken as a result of these walks at: http://murray.seattle.gov/finditfixit
The next Find It, Fix It Community Walk:
Tuesday, August 12, 7 – 9 p.m., Rainier Ave. and Henderson
Meet at the Rainier Beach Community Center Plaza (Map)
7 – 7:15 p.m.
· Short program featuring Mayor Ed Murray, City Councilmember Sally J. Clark, City Attorney Pete Holmes, Seattle Police Department Chief Kathleen O’Toole, and department representatives.
7:15 – 9 p.m.
Walk commences along the following route:
· South on Rainier Ave S.
· East to Seward Park Ave S.
· North on Seward Park Ave S.
· West on S. Fisher Place
· North on 53rd Ave S.
· West on S. Henderson
· North on Rainier Ave S. to Cloverdale
· Return south to Rainier Beach Community Center
· Walk concludes and department representatives are available for follow-up questions.
For more information on Murray’s public safety strategy for Seattle, visit http://www.seattle.gov/mayor/public-safety-strategy-for-seattle.