Ballard Crime Watch: Woman threatens man with small gun

A window to Pandora's box

June 2 --- At the 8500 block of Dibble Avenue Northwest officers responded to a burglary at a residence. The complainant told officers that she left to run some errands and returned to find her back gate ajar. At first she thought nothing of it but noticed her bedroom door was closed, which was unusual. Police determined the suspect came in from the back via window after removing the screen. The suspect took several items of jewelry with an estimated value of over $4,000. Police were able to lift several prints from the scene.

Young man accosted and asked to 'apologize' by woman with gun

June 1 – At the intersection of Loyal Way Northwest and 31st Avenue Northwest officer responded to a robbery involving a gun. The victim was waiting for officers with four of his friends. They said after spending the night at Golden Gardens they were waiting for the bus when a group of six people approached them. A thin female with a red shirt and jean shorts approached the victim and called him a “bitch”. Then the suspect revealed a small handgun and pointed it at the victim and called him a “bitch” and told him to “apologize”. The victim reached for the gun but the suspect pulled back and in the process cut the victim’s palm. Then a male suspect grabbed the victim and tried to punch him. Then the posse fled eastbound with the female suspect. Nothing was taking during the incident.

Cat-like thief leaves kitten

June 1 – At the 300 block of Northwest 61st Street officers responded to a burglary at a residence. A neighbor met officers as they arrived and she told them that she was watching the house while her neighbor was away. She told officers that when she came by to check the mail she noticed the back deadbolt lock had been bent and opened. She went home and called police. Police observed drawers and closets had been ransacked and there was an unknown cat in the house. The cat was a neighborhood kitty and not supposed to be in the house. So police asked the neighbor to call the owner of the cat to remove it from the home. The cat was removed. The woman watching the house said that her neighbor had told her that there was nothing in the house that was of value except a television. The television was still there.

We encourage our readers to comment. No registration is required. We ask that you keep your comments free of profanity and keep them civil. They are moderated and objectionable comments will be removed.