Police Blotter: Man shot while crossing Aurora; several burglars strike in Ballard, including one with interest in things medieval

By Cassandra Baker

2:00 a.m., May 6. N 80th St and Aurora Ave N

A man was shot in the torso while crossing Aurora in the middle of the night on May 6. The victim and his brother, both in their 20s, were crossing the street at 2:00 a.m. when a vehicle drove up and stopped. The victim and his brother got into a dispute with the vehicle’s occupants, and the vehicle drove away, but then circled back. One of the car’s occupants fired several shots at the brothers, but only one was hit. The vehicle then sped away.

Seattle Fire responded to the scene and treated the victim, who was transported to Harborview Medical Center with serious injuries. The uninjured brother was too intoxicated to provide a suspect or vehicle description. At the date of the report, the investigation was ongoing and Seattle Police was soliciting any relevant information, including anonymous tips.

2:40 p.m., May 3. 17th block of NW 59th S

A man called police when he returned home on the afternoon of May 3 to find his home burglarized. The victim said that he had locked his house before he left that morning, but when he got home, he found the front door unlocked and no signs of forced entry. His portable DVD player and Kindle had been stolen. His laptop had been moved, broken, and left lying on the floor. No fingerprints or other evidence were found in the house.

6:00 a.m., May 2. 100th block of 8th Ave NW

A man and his wife woke up on the morning of May 2 to find that a burglar had stolen an interesting assortment of items from their house overnight. The missing items included a laptop, Xbox, $1,500, a passport ... and several pieces of their medieval role-playing collection. No fingerprints or other evidence were found at the scene.

11:40 p.m., May 1. 77th block of 15th Ave NW

A man called police late on the night of May 1 to report that he was watching surveillance video that showed three men breaking into his business. The responding officer arrived at the business and found a broken window and an open door. The business owner, who was watching the video from a different location, said that the suspects had already left. He did not believe anything had been taken. The suspects were not found in the area.

Follow Ballard News-Tribune on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ballardnewstrib

And Twitter at http://twitter.com/ballardnewstrib

We encourage our readers to comment. No registration is required. We ask that you keep your comments free of profanity and keep them civil. They are moderated and objectionable comments will be removed.