Weekend house fire caused by electrical wiring
Yesterday at 2:39 p.m., Ballard residents called the Seattle Fire Department reporting a fire on the second floor of their house located on the 2800 block of NW 75th St, according to SFD's Fireline blog.
Turns out, it was caused by overheated electrical wiring, according to a Seattle Fire Investigator. He said it started in a crawl space on the upper half of the house.
By the time the firefighters arrived on the scene, the occupants were already out and safe. They were able to bring the fire down within 20 minutes. The fire had stayed on the upper half, extending into the walls, crawl spaces, attic and roof of the house.
Damage estimates include $50,000 lost in content and $100,000 worth of damage to the house itself. No one had to be transported to the hospital.