Police Blotter: Assault victim suffers serious head injuries; several burglaries in Ballard

By Cassandra Baker, Intern

1:53 a.m. on March 12th. 14th block of NW 61st St

Police responded to reports of an assault in progress in the middle of the night on March 12th. The complainant said that two males were attacking a third man. The suspects were seen fleeing the scene on bicycles while the victim was left lying on the ground. Seattle Police and Seattle Fire arrived at the scene to find the victim unconscious and with serious head injuries. He was taken to Harborview Medical Center and his injuries were characterized as serious but non-life-threatening. The investigation was ongoing at the time of the report.

6:32 p.m. on March 9th. 65th block of 26th Ave NW

A woman told police that her home had been burglarized 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. on March 9th. The suspect entered through a door and stole several items. No fingerprints were found at the scene. The victim said that she saw a white male with a goatee driving very slowly past the houses on her block earlier that day. The suspicious vehicle was a wood-paneled brown Chevrolet van.

1:13 p.m. on March 7th. 85th block of 25th Ave NW

A woman returned home on the afternoon of March 7th to find that her home had been burglarized. The victims left the house at 9:30 that morning, and one of them returned to the house just after 12:00 p.m. to find that the front door had been forced open. She called out but got no response, and she called police. The other victim returned before the police arrived, and he checked the residence and found that several items had been stolen. There was no sign of any suspects in the area.

9:12 a.m. on March 6th. 58th block of 15th Ave NW

Police responded to reports of an attempted burglary at a Ballard business on the morning of March 6th. An employee showed the responding officer a damaged window, and the officer determined that someone could easily gain access to the business by pulling the window’s interior lock. The employee told the officer that he had spoken with another employee who had recently ejected a female transient from the premises. The transient was not found in the area, and the employee said that he was going to search the area for her. No fingerprints were found at the scene and there was no surveillance footage. No items were stolen.

We encourage our readers to comment. No registration is required. We ask that you keep your comments free of profanity and keep them civil. They are moderated and objectionable comments will be removed.